The Dewstow canteen provides healthy and nutritious meals. Staff continually work towards providing a good range of healthier meal choices to fulfil the nutritional requirements of growing and developing children.
It is our aim to ensure that all pupils are provided with a healthy, nutritious meal and that vegetarians and those on special diets are also catered for. We work with local suppliers and national manufacturers to provide a healthy, nutritious meal for the young adults of the future.
The current meal prices are:
Infants – £2
Juniors – £2
**please note meal prices are subject to review.
Dewstow operates a variety of payment methods for school meals, which include daily, weekly, monthly or termly in advance. A maximum of five credit meals may be granted per pupil, and parents will receive letters advising them of any money owed.
Free School Meals
If your child attends Dewstow and you are in receipt of one of the following benefits, you can claim free school meals:
- Income support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190. (HM Revenue and Customs are responsible for assessing the level of annual income.)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.